Warrant for Annual Meeting of
The First Unitarian Universalist Society in Newton
Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 11:45AM
Notice is hereby given to all members of the First Unitarian Universalist Society in Newton (FUUSN) that the Annual Meeting of the Society will be held via Zoom on Sunday, June 6, 2021 beginning at 11:45AM.
1. To review the report of the Nominating Committee and to elect various officers and representatives for the positions set forth in the FUUSN By-Laws.
2. To hear the budget recommended by the Board of Trustees and to act upon an annual budget for the Fiscal Year June 1, 2021-May 31, 2022 (FY22).
3. To approve Annual Reports from FUUSN committees.
4. To vote on the following resolution to amend the FUUSN By-Laws.
That Article IV: Meetings of the FUUSN By-Laws be amended as follows:
SECTION 4. At the Annual Meeting of the Society there shall be elected by ballot from the membership of the Society: a Moderator, a Clerk, one or two Assistant Clerks, a Treasurer, one or two Assistant Treasurers, and one high school age member of the Board of Trustees,
Delegates to meetings of the Massachusetts Bay District of the Unitarian Universalist Association, Delegates to the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee and Delegates to other denominational meetings to serve for one year, and two members of the Board of Trustees, one or two members of the Operations Council, and one member of the Board of Investment to serve for three years. Candidates for these offices shall be selected from the recommendations of the Nominating Committee or by nomination from the floor. Unless otherwise provided, all officers shall hold office until the next Annual Meeting and until their successors are duly elected and qualified. Any vacancy occurring by death, resignation or otherwise may be filled at any legal meeting of the Society, or by the Board of Trustees for the interim until the next meeting of the Society.
5. To transact such other business that may legally come before the meeting.
Christopher Krebs, Chair
Board of Trustees
May ____, 2021