New to FUSN / Directions, Parking
Easy to Find, Street Parking and Lots Are Nearby
The First Unitarian Society in Newton, often called FUSN (pronounced "few-zen") by members and friends, is located at 1326 Washington Street in West Newton, Massachusetts, at the corner of Washington and Highland streets.
FUSN is across from the Newton police station, near the West Newton Cinema, where Route 16 crosses the Mass. Turnpike. Get directions from your home by typing in the address in MapQuest, Google, or other mapping services.
The Santander bank parking lot is available for FUSN parking on Sunday mornings and other times when the bank is closed. Please be aware of the following restrictions:
- No parking along the bank wall.
- No parking in the 5 spaces on Highland Ave, closest to the bank and across the street from FUSN. These 5 spaces are clearly marked with signs indicating that they are for ATM use only at all times.
- No parking in the 5 spaces near the dumpster. These 5 spaces are marked with red signs clearly stating they are for ATM use.
Some other places to park around FUSN are:
- Family ACCESS of Newton (formerly Newton Community Service Center) at 492 Waltham Street. You can park here Monday-Friday after 6:30 and all day Saturday and Sunday. If you use ACCESS on Saturday evening, please do not park in the reserved spaces in the front of the building.
- Public lot off Cherry Street to the west behind the stores that front on Washington Street.
- MBTA lot across from Blue Ribbon BBQ (requires payment even on Sundays).
- Small lot at the end of the block with Blue Ribbon and the Local (reserved for jury members when court is in session)
- Parking is allowed only on certain parts of Highland Street and Davis Street. You need to carefully read any parking restriction signs
- Chestnut Street on the side across from Second Church
There is a small staff parking lot at the rear of the building. On Sunday mornings, the staff make these spaces available for those with mobility issues.